- Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) staff
- Contracted Healthcare Providers who are authorized by Health Care Authority (HCA) to make requests
- Contracted Home Health Providers directing patient-centered care to care coordinators
- Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) staff
- Health Care Authority (HCA) Program Managers
- Certified/Authorized Spoken Language interpreter: A person who has passed the required DSHS language interpreter examination, or has passed the language interpreter examination offered by the State of Washington Administrator for the Courts or the Federal Court.
Interpreter Services Program
Universal Language Service has been contracted by the State of Washington, Health Care Authority (HCA) to facilitate Face-to-Face Spoken Language Interpreter Services in accordance with its authority under chapters 39.26 and 41.05 RCW. Visit Washington State Health Care Authority website and review Collective Bargaining Agreement to learn more.
Contract service area includes the State of Washington and border cities in Oregon (Astoria, Hermiston, Hood River, Milton-Freewater, Portland, Rainier, and The Dalles ) and Idaho State (Coeur D’Alene, Lewiston, Moscow, Priest River and Sandpoint).
Hours of Operation
Scheduling Department: 24 / 7 / 365
All Other Departments: MON-FRI, 8AM-5PM PST
Interpreter requests are processed no later than the next business day, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p. m., Pacific Time.